Washington’s National Harbor has many opportunities for individuals and families to come out and have fun during this spring and summer. Five of the top attractions (many FREE) that are particularly good for families are:
1. Boating in DC: Here you can rent a stand-up paddleboard, pedal boat or kayak during the day or take an evening kayak tour. Open every day.
2. Miller Farms Farmers Market: Every Saturday and Sunday from May 6-October 29 from 10am-5pm. Located on American Way. You can enjoy flowers, plants, baked goods, vegetables, fresh fruits, and more
3. Movies on the Potomac: A FREE event at Players Screen on the Harbor. This is offered every Sunday at 6pm. Check out the list of movies, which includes Date Night movies which are Thursdays at 7pm.
4. Art at National Harbor: See the famous “The Awakening” as well as Tool de Force, Maryland’s Winners, Maryland’s Bounty, Fire in the Wind, The Eagles, The Belvedere, and The Beckoning.
5. Just for Kids (of all ages): In addition to movie night, the kids may enjoy Peeps & Company, The Capital Wheel, The Carousel, and the Urban Pirates pirate ship cruise.