The Montgomery County Fair and carnival will be held at the fairgrounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland, August 11-19, 2017. Gates are open 3 p.m. to midnight on Friday, August 11, and 10 a.m. to midnight every day thereafter. Here’s how to save money:
FREE parking at Lakeforest Mall. There is a shuttle (Yellow School Bus) that will run all day to and from the Fairgrounds. Located at Lost Knife Rd. and Odenhal Ave.
Buy your Fair tickets online to save $2
Tickets are $10 online and $12 at the gate. There is NO processing fee for online orders!
Senior Day Brought to you by Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
Tuesday, August 15 – Free admission for ages 62 and over from 10 am to 5 pm
Thursday, August 17 – Free admission all day for active military in uniform or with a valid military ID.
Group rates are available for 15 people or more – tickets are $7 per general admission ticket. Advance ticket sales for group rates are available at the Fair Office through August 11. Group tickets must be purchased in one single transaction and picked up prior to the first day of Fair.
Friday, August 11 – One-day ride Megapass wristbands will cost $15, from 3 pm to midnight only.
One-day ride Megapass wristband, available online only, through August 12 at midnight for $20. (Does not include Fair admission fee).
Monday, August 14 & Wednesday, August 16 – Family Day Ride Special
On Monday and Wednesday ONLY one-day ride Megapass wristbands will cost $15 starting at noon and ending at 5 pm, you may ride until midnight. Ride all rides but Speed. Ride wristbands WILL be placed on wrist at time of purchase. Absolutely no exceptions.
Check out the Free Entertainment page for full descriptions.
- Chainsaw Carver – Watch one of these carvers turn a huge log into a beautiful sculpture in Farmer’s Triangle!
- Carrie McQueen – Our wonderful stilt walker! Be on the lookout for her roaming the grounds at the Fair!
- Comedy Hypnotist – Brad Matchett puts on a hilarious show each night at the Fair on the PEPCO Community Stage – don’t miss it!
- Fast Action Motorsports – Race fast cars against your friends and other Fairgoers on the Upper Grounds!
- Hogway Speedway – Don’t miss these adorable racing pigs and goats brought to you by Grant County Mulch! Located near the PEPCO Community Stage!
- Agricadabra – A fun educational act that will have you laughing and learning at the same time! Located on the PEPCO Community Stage!
- Raptors Up Close – Come see these birds of prey up close and learn all about them! Located on the PEPCO Community Stage and on the Upper Grounds!
- Barn Yard Review – Come experience this fun family variety show in the Buffalo Wild Wings KidZone!
- Magic & Illusions of John Steven Bloom – Be sure to swing by the PEPCO Community Stage for a special blend of magic, humor and family entertainment!
- Animal Alley – Come experience live native and exotic animals in a wide range of species and sizes, from the smaller lizards and snakes to the larger mammals on the Upper Grounds!
Animal exhibits in Old MacDonald’s Barn are open each day beginning at 3pm Friday, August 11th.
The Barns display all types and breeds of various animals, such as:
- and sometimes babies too!