If you’re having trouble finding what you need at local grocery stores, check out these seven restaurants around the DC Metro area providing market items to get you through these uncertain times.
- Chef Geoffs – The DC restaurant is offering a neighborhood pantry with cleaning essentials like toilet paper, gloves and bleach and groceries like fresh produce, pasta and homemade sauce, juice, tea, bread, milk, eggs and more. Best of all, all pantry proceeds go to restaurant staff. More information here.
- Ize’s Deli & Bagelry – The White Flint area bagel shop is open and selling groceries from what they’ve dubbed “Ize’s Market.” They’re currently selling items like organic eggs, butter, wet yeast, milk and chicken breasts and wings, salmon and shrimp. Sanitizing items go fast. More information here.
- Alibi – The British pub on Capitol Hill is selling raw meal kits, prepared meals, snacks, kids meals and grocery essentials. There are other pantry items and alcoholic drinks too. Every order is available for pickup or delivery the following day you place it from noon until 5 p.m. and best of all, a free toilet paper roll is included with a $25 minimum order. DC locales are available for fee delivery. There’s even house made organic dog food available for your furry loved one. More information here.
- Founding Farmers – The popular farm to table restaurant with locations in DC, Tyson’s Corner, Reston and Montgomery County has created a “Founding Farmers Market & Grocery.” The grocery sells bake at home biscuits, deli meats and cheeses, dog food, ice cream with toppings, wine and household cleaning supplies. Ordering is available online with pickup or delivery 8 a.m.-9 p.m. More information here.
- All Purpose – The Jersey-style pizza joint offers community-supported agriculture boxes from Earth n Eats, a Waynesboro, Pennsylvania farm. They include milk, eggs, potatoes and seasonal produce. They are available for purchase online. Pick up a “Standard” 12 inch pie with tomato, mozzarella, oregano and grana padano cheese while you’re at it! More information here.
- Lazy Dog – Chantilly Virginia’s relaxed restaurant has a pantry with curbside pickup. If you’re bored, there are items like a DIY pop tart kit to make delicious treats at home, a pizza night kit, brunch kit, backyard BBQ kit, DIY nachos and more. There’s also a home essentials box with bread, eggs and rice. More information here.
- Rustico – While Northern Virginia’s Rustico is currently closed, they are working with Neighborhood Provisions, an effort designed to help Rustico’s customers get essential foods and employment and support to staff. There are prepared meals for delivery as well as a large pantry with lots of food items, craft beer/wine/cocktails, hand sanitizer and more. More information here.