Today is National Chicken Wing Day! An affordable and delicious food, chicken wings can be made in a variety of ways to please lots of tastes. Here are just a few of the most delicious wings in DC. Have a place you like that we didn’t name? Let us know in the comments!
- Clyde’s – The local restaurant chain sells a mean Buffalo chicken wing. A dozen wings costs $12.99. Paired with a crab and artichoke dip and a beer or two from your fridge, you’ve got a delicious hump day dinner. Georgetown, Chevy Chase, Columbia, Gallery Place, Mark Center, Reston, Tower Oaks Lodge, Willow Creek Farm
- Wingo’s – This local wing joint with two locations around town (and one coming soon) has 24 different sauces to choose from. They range in spice factor from plain to “Bite Me.” 10 wings any style are $11.99. If you’re really hungry though, Wingo’s offers platters all the way up to 100 wings for $99.99. Georgetown, Glover Park, Adams Morgan location is coming soon
- BonChon – The Korean fried chicken chain is having a National Chicken Wing Day special today only (while supplies last)—get a free side of their limited edition cucumber wasabi ranch sauce with every order of chicken. An eight piece bone-in wing platter will cost you $11.95 and 10 boneless are the same price. Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Arlington, SE DC, Reston, Fairfax, Annandale, Sterling, Herndon and more.
- Comet Ping Pong – The Connecticut Ave. NW DC pizza place has surprisingly good hot wings on their starters menu for $7.50. They are a neighborhood small business and are currently offering free meals to nurses and first responders. Chevy Chase
- The Queen Vic – British pub The Queen Vic has mouthwatering wings on their small plates menu. Hidden among the fish and chips and pot pies are 10 Buffalo wings or 10 Asian wings for $12. They are currently offering delivery via UberEats and GrubHub. H St. NE