Mother’s Day (May 10th) this year may look a little different, but there are still lots of deals to help mom have a wonderful day. Here are just a few of some of the best offers in town.
- Slate Wine Bar & Xiquet – The Glover Park area wine bar and restaurant are offering two gift boxes in honor of Mother’s Day. The first, a “Spanish Gift Box,” is $68 and includes a bottle of Aciete Los Aljibes olive oil, Yuca’s balsamic vinegar, Tartana bomba rice, a bottle of Cava Emendis brut, Agromar white tuna in olive oil and 40 pieces of milk chocolate. The “Happy Hour Gift Set” is $75 and includes a bottle of Tierra Tempranillo Crianza from Spain, Gran Valle de Montecelo manchego cheese, Iberico chorizo by Fermin and a mixed collection of Carr’s crackers. More information can be found here and here.
- 2941 Restaurant – The Falls Church VA restaurant is offering a “Celebrate at Home Care Package.” The package includes a bottle of sparkling wine, customizable cake and a family-style meal. The meals are contemporary American with some French accents. Meal options include a whole roasted Amish chicken, leg of lamb, filet mignon and a white raspberry or double chocolate cake for dessert. Meals can feed anywhere from 4-12 people and start at $150. To place an order, click here.
- Capitol Hill Books – If Mom is a bibliophile, you’ll want to give this option for a gift a try. Capitol Hill Books on C St. SE is putting together mystery boxes full of books to read during time at home. All you have to do is fill out this form and the bookstore will put together a stack of books for Mom. When they’re ready, they’ll send a photo of the books to make sure they look good. After that, patrons are sent a PayPal invoice. Shipping is free for orders $50+ and $5 shipping for media mail within the country.
- Sticky Fingers – The vegan bakery is selling a DIY sandwich cookie kit perfect for the health conscious mom with a sweet tooth. Choose a pound of cookie dough and an 8 oz. tub of frosting and make your own sandwich cookies with mom at home. Each kit costs $24 and makes a half dozen sandwich cookies. Flavors include oatmeal, oatmeal chocolate chip, peanut butter or chocolate chip.
- Proper Topper – The Cathedral Heights boutique is selling lots of gift packages in honor of Mother’s Day. One in particular is great for moms looking for something to do at home. The “Rosé all Day for Mom” package includes a rosé themed puzzle, two glasses with the word “wine” inscribed on them, a mask or headband and a Mother’s Day greeting card. The package is $46 and can be picked up in Dupont Circle or the Cathedral areas. There is also free local delivery available within two miles of the shop.