While there are seemingly limitless things to do in Washington, D.C. (especially during the summer), 2016 is a special year to check out attractions that have a connection to the Presidential election coming in November. Here are just a few:
1. Go up in the Washington Monument to see a sweeping view of the major buildings and monuments in the city.
2. Walk the grounds of the U.S. Capitol West Lawn.
3. Take a tour of the Capitol building.
4. Take a free tour of the Kennedy Center and see the various Presidential boxes in the theaters.
5. Tour the White House.
6. Look at the Presidential portraits in the National Portrait Gallery.
7. Visit the individual Presidential memorials
8. Visit the First Ladies Collection at the National Museum of American History.
9. Tour the U.S. Supreme Court.