If you’re growing tired of walks or runs outdoors in fickle spring weather, a handful of local gyms are currently allowing their equipment to be rented or purchased. Others are also streaming their classes for affordable prices.
- The Bar Method – The popular toning workout is live streaming their classes and have a large amount of pre-recorded exercise. They are also offering a two-week free trial for non-members. They are also currently selling equipment like mats, balls, weights and risers.
- Tara Lemerise Yoga – Like many local yoga studios and teachers, Tara Lemerise Yoga is offering online classes via Zoom. The classes are held Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and Saturdays from 9-10 a.m. The classes are pay what you can, but $10 is suggested. Sign up on Tara’s web site for the codes to classes.
- Cut Seven – The popular Rhode Island Ave. gym is currently selling a handful of packages perfect for staying at home. There’s a $99 at-home training equipment rental package, a Zoom 10-pack of classes and memberships are still being sold too.
- Vida Fitness – With six locations around the city, Vida Fitness members are many. The fitness centers are posting workouts to do from home. If you visit their web site, you are prompted to fill out a form to access their online workout library.
- Balance Gym – The DC area gym has four locations in Capitol Hill, Glover Park, Thomas Circle and Foggy Bottom. They have come up with a detailed plan for virtual classes. They are offering Facebook Live classes, free online coaching and private training via Skype.