Today is National Spoil Your Dog Day. What better way to celebrate than to support local small businesses specializing in all things pet-related! Here are a few to check out today.
- The Big Bad Woof – The Big Bad Woof offers a virtual tour to check out the space and see their eco-friendly pet supplies. Right now, they have curbside pickup and local delivery every day of the week. Check their website for phase 2 hours as businesses reopen. They have plenty of toys and treats to spoil your furry loved one, from squeakers to Kong balls and more. 6960 Maple St. NW, Washington, DC 20012
- Howl to the Chief – Howl to the Chief also offers ordering online and in-store pickup. Dogs will be pleased to find out they offer lots of toys and dozens of extra comfy dog beds. Their Capitol Hill location is easy to find and near lots of restaurants too, so you can grab some takeout treats for yourself too! 733 8th St. SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Doggy Style Bakery, Boutique and Pet Spa – This Dupont Circle shop typically offers a “barkery,” retail shop and pet spa. Right now, their policies are changed a bit (no barkery, limited grooming). However, they do offer curbside service and local delivery for Fido to celebrate his special day. 1642 R St. NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Loyal Companion – Loyal Companion has pet shops along the East Coast, with a large cluster in our area. They offer lots of adorable dog toys like a smiling plush avocado, brightly colored balls and more. Locations in Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, Vienna, Herndon, Bethesda, Silver Spring, Rockville, Columbia, Olney and DC
- Olde Towne Pet Resort – If your pet is just as stir crazy as you’ve been these last few months, this luxury pet resort and day care has you covered. They’re currently offering a “COVID Recovery Special”—50 percent off of all suite types for stays through November 15th, 2020. Day camp and other activities are just $19 through October 2020 too! Dulles, Springfield and North Bethesda locations