Looking for things to do and eat this weekend? Here are some ideas on where to entertain yourself.
- Lettuce Take Care of You – Take the stress out of meal planning while you’re home and groceries are scarce. Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants are now offering “Lettuce Take Care of You—North Bethesda,” a three-night meal package. The meals are for four and for the week of April 13th, expect a meal from Stella Barra Pizzeria & Wine Bar, Summer House Santa Monica and Mon Ami Gabi for $150-$175. There are also wine bottle pairings. To order, click here.
- Check Out Capital Park Realty Listings – Pour a glass of wine and settle in to Capital Park Realty’s extensive listings in the DMV area. While you’re searching for your dream home, take notes on your favorite design aesthetics.
- Pop-Up Crawfish Boil at Bayou Bakery – On Friday April 17th, Arlington, VA’s Bayou Bakery is having a crawfish boil with to-go orders. Enjoy five pounds of hot and spicy crawfish for $50 plus corn and potatoes. For $12 more, a four-pack of Abita beer is available. Pick-up is 1-3 p.m. Friday 4/17. One must pay in advance to reserve their order. Venmo orders to @bayoubakerycrawfish with your full name, cell phone number and quantity.
- Do Some Coloring – This one is a great activity for the whole family. Local artist Carlos Carmonamedina is offering free coloring pages to print out on his website. There are options to color scenes in neighborhoods like Anacostia, Columbia Heights and the Chinatown Metro stop. Have everyone in the family color a page, drink wine (juice for the kids) out of fancy glasses, turn on some music and have a DC-themed family art show.
- Learn to Bake Some Bread – Local restaurant Sonny’s Pizza is offering cooking classes. This Sunday at 4 p.m., learn to bake a warm and crusty loaf of bread. If all goes well, it should be ready just in time for Easter dinner. The classes are free on Zoom with a suggested donation.